Dropping the ball and picking it back up.

It's been a while since I've blogged and for that, I apologize to my fellow Outlaws. I know how we look forward to hearing about the weekly insights and I vow to work hard and keep on keeping on. But in a way, it works out perfectly because the lesson for today is getting back up after you trip.

In all seriousness, life has been a blur, but a good blur. Five months into the year and I've earned another personal trainer certification and I'm well on my way to earning an exciting group exercise format. I've also begun teaching more classes and let me tell you! That shit takes its toll. In a good way though. My sleep has been rough, and my diet has been anything but satisfactory. I've been through two cell phones in the past 3 months. Joined a new gym and pushed myself to burnout multiple times but guess what? I'm still here! Still fighting to be better.

I'm telling you all this because I could've done better. Could have planned my meals in advance and kept track of the nutrients. I could have forcibly shut myself off from the outside world and gone to bed at a reasonable time. Probably could have been much more cautious with my phones. Even in my workouts I seriously need to learn moderation. But hindsight is 20/20 so I can only beat myself up so much about things. It actually got to the point where I was repeatedly feeling like I was being self-destructive by not proactively preventing these things. But even that thought process is wrong though. Instead, I can these lessons I learned and use them for the rest of 2023 and beyond. 

Life is full of tests and while we all would love to pass every test with flying colors. Sometimes theirs's lessons to be learned from failure. Tony Robbins a favorite author of mine says that "life happens FOR you, NOT to you." So, every situation, every circumstance, every mistake, and all blend together to create the perfect finished product, the perfectly finished YOU. So today I encourage you to go through that thing you've been dreading! Have that hard conversation with that person, hit the gym for the first time, and think who really suffers if you fail besides your ego? Because I can tell you, you will suffer from missing out on life because of your fear of failure.

I'll leave you without a favorite quote of mine for when things get tough.

"A healthy person has a thousand wishes; a sick person only has one."- Agnes Karll Schwest Krankenpfleger 

Don't waste the life you've been given. YOLO


Comments

Popular Posts