Taking Things to The Next Level

You know sometimes in life it's too easy to become complacent when you've been doing something for a while. You can get the job done relatively easily, and praise is given for your efforts. 

But is that enough? For some people, it may be and that's alright. But for others like me who crave recognition for their efforts, it's not enough to just become good. I want to become one of the best.

So, let me ask you this?

Who's going to be there to take things to the next level? How are you going to reach that level of the greats?   

It's got to be you.

Recently in the gym, I've had to admit that even though I'm a trainer and my living is to give people a good workout (Whatever that means) I'm spinning my own wheels in the gym and not making the progress I want to see. Teaching multiple classes, a day, multiple times a week, participating in different classes to try and learn more. And then trying to train for my own goals can be exhausting. Seems like overtraining is a frequent symptom of my workout more than DOMS sometimes. But that's OK I have my whole life to make progress, like anything else in life this is a lesson that I'll be able to use in the future.

So how am I taking my work out to the next level? I'm dropping all the usual volume and weight I do for a shorter time-constrained intense workout designed by Brian Alshrue a fellow Marylander. Be warned these workouts are not for the weak but are effective in what they are designed to do. and that's to force growth from within you. I'll be sure to report back on the progress and what I learned. 

But this lesson can be extrapolated to more than gym life. You can take your life to the next level and make yourself uncomfortable and do something you're scared of in life. Do something you've been putting off for a while. There is no comfort in growth and no growth to be found in comfort. So the idea of workouts should be taken beyond the gym and just include all challenges. They're essentially the same anyways.

Comments

Popular Posts